General information: students with disabilities

The Disability Resource Centre (DRC) offers advice, information and support to students with a disability.

With your agreement, the DRC will liaise with relevant staff within the University before you begin your studies to ensure that appropriate support is in place. You may require support workers such as note–takers or interpreters. The DRC runs a non–medical Assistance Scheme, which you can use to be matched up with the appropriate support.

More information about the DRC can be found here.


If you have a disability or chronic illness you may require specific arrangements for examinations; such as additional time, someone to write on your behalf and/or specialist equipment. The DRC team can advise on how these arrangements are organised with the Board of Examinations.

Support for students with specific learning difficulties

This includes students with dyslexia and dyspraxia. If you have a Specific Learning Difficulty (SpLD) you will need to have an up–to–date, full Educational Psychologist or Specialist Tutor diagnostic assessment as evidence for obtaining appropriate adjustments for your course of study. Information and advice about assessments is available from the DRC’s SpLD Adviser. Further information is available on the DRC website.

Financial support

UK students are eligible to apply for the Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA). It is important that you begin the application process for your DSA as soon as possible to ensure your funding is in place for the start of term. In addition, once at Cambridge, there are specific grants that disabled students may apply for. Further information on financial support is available on the DRC website.


Information on disabled access provisions for specific departments, faculties, research centres and institutes can be found here.

Information on disabled access provisions for specific administrative, sport and social facilities can be found here.